Friday 18 June 2010

Technologies, Materials and Processes Used For Final Shoots

During my production of my desolate final images i used various technologies and processes in order to create the look that i was intending some of these were:
Cameras;
  Lomo: I experimented with loom photography in order to sample an array of different process i had available to me and different ways in which i could captured various moments of a sequence.
  
35mm:I experimented with 35mm as in all my images, i was intending to produce a harsh, grainy appearance, i found that in order for complete success, i needed to make the next stage to the post production a lot quicker and simpler.
  
Digital: I used digital processes for my imagery as i found i had the reliability and ease of use for both capturing the images, post production and with the ability to twist and tweak the image exactly as i wanted.

Lenses:
  18 - 55mm: I found this lens to be the most suitable to use through my shoot as i wanted my images to fill most of the frame, yet i was working on a small scale, close up to the image, the wider focal length allowed my to crop in really close and tight, while till maintaining the whole image.
  55 - 200mm: I did not use this lens much as i discovered the the focal length was too much and that proved ineffective as i often could not gain focus at such a close distance and often could not get the whole image to fit into the frame.

Mac: My mac was used for the sake of making life easier and post production faster and more effect. I used my mac in order to easily, accommodate the files and begin the finishing touches as soon i had completed shooting them, i could also bring all the images together, in order to fully preview what it was i had created.

Photoshop: I used photoshop in order to add the finishing touches and adjustments to my images, this enabled me to, even though most of the modifications were physically made to a scene, i could then adjust contrasts, vibrance, saturation and other variables within the images as well as mirroring them to create the image i was striving for.

Materials;
Mask: I used a hawaiian mask for the composing of one of my images, this was in order for me to manipulate the surroundings around the mask to keep to the portrayal of a human face. I used the mask to keep the correlation between the 2 sides of the image, as a basis like i used my face to mould the tin foil, i used the mask to mould the layers of the face
Tinfoil: I used the tin foil in order to create my second mask to be used within my image, i moulded the mask to my face in order to obtain the human features. This worked well as it was an exact copy of my face which i had imprinted to it from behind.
Food colouring: I used the food colouring to emulate blood in my images, this worked well as it had the consistency of blood and the colour to match.
Water: The water worked in well when i poured in the food colouring as it gave the food colouring the ability to swirl, change and deform through the water, leaving an interesting and intriguing effect.
Pickled Onions: I used these for the eyes of my hawaiian mask image as they full, freakily emulated, sadistic, sickly eyes, glaring through the viewer.
Hair: I used my own hair to place around the mask of one of my images. This gave a good effect, along with the numerous eyes (pickled onions) of a beast, a monster.
Sink: I used the sink to situate my masks, this served me well for 2 purposes, not only did it contain the mess i was making but it also served as an interesting surrounding in which i could also use a lot of liquid, to control, distort and manipulate each scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment